Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Focusrite Clarett 8 USB
Front Speakers
Dynaudio BM5A
Screen
Acer
Hello, I am new to REW and just getting started. I can't get an input signal for calibration. I am using the Focusrite Clarett 8 USB. I ran a line from input channel 5 to output 5, per the instructions, but no input signal. After reading some of the other comments on this forum, it looks like REW is not recognizing the input/out channels on the Focusrite. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, please assist.
1579541624191.png
Below is a screenshot of the preference tab:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You need to select an audio output and an audio input rather than leave them as default. Even then you may not be able to access the desired input and output using the Java drivers, as Java on Windows only supports stereo pairs (and only 16 bit data). Sometimes each pair of inputs and outputs are offered for selection, sometimes only the first two are accessible. If you switch to ASIO drivers you should be able to access all the inputs and outputs and use the full data resolution of the device.

VCP

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Focusrite Clarett 8 USB
Front Speakers
Dynaudio BM5A
Screen
Acer
You need to select an audio output and an audio input rather than leave them as default. Even then you may not be able to access the desired input and output using the Java drivers, as Java on Windows only supports stereo pairs (and only 16 bit data). Sometimes each pair of inputs and outputs are offered for selection, sometimes only the first two are accessible. If you switch to ASIO drivers you should be able to access all the inputs and outputs and use the full data resolution of the device.

John, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I will switch to the ASIO drivers and give it a try.

Top Bottom