REW Beta Release First time using, cannot get measurements 0-200hz, only getting spl tracings above 200hz

trevordj

Registered
I know this has to be something simple but I have been at this all day and cannot figure it out. I am using the latest edition of REW beta on windows 10. I am trying to take some measurements of some subwoofers I just built. I have my microphone selected, calibration file loaded, and am getting output to my home theater system from REW. When I check levels under the measurement command it comes up ok.

When I actually hit start, the sweep plays just fine and shows a measurement being taken

The SPL graph was initially showing nothing though. I messed with the sweep window and stumbled upon changing it to 0 to 300hz instead of 0-200hz. I am getting an SPL measurement, but only above 200hz.

I am getting waterfall plots and some other data for the entire spectrum though.

I feel like this has to be a simple setting but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out all day.

trevordj

Registered
This is at its default setting for the program. I haven't messed with it. It appears to be at 5ms.

I tried addiing a couple of screenshots to demonstrate this but the forum software is marking this as spam for some reason and won't allow me to post.

Edit: I was able to add them after posting/editing.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW's defaults are 125 ms for the left window and 500 ms for the right, so they appear to have been changed. Probably best to change them back.

trevordj

Registered
That did the trick. Weird because I have absolutely no idea what I am doing and I didn't change those values (didn't even know they existed). Very strange but I appreciate your help.

Top Bottom