SVS SB1000
Video Display Device
EPSON EH-TW9400W
Screen
Cineation Framestar ONLY White
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony Elite
Hi

Just got my new Revel f35 and want to setup my hometheater with the help of measurments. Since I am new to this I have lots of questions about REW and setting up for the measurments.
First things first, this is my setup:
  • mains: Revel f35
  • center: Klipsch RP-400c (waiting for Revel C25)
  • sourrounds and Atmos (2): Monitor Audio CP CT260
  • Receiver: Yamaha RX-A780
  • Subwoofer: SVS SB1000
  • UMIK microphon for REW
I have worked half a day to get my first measurments because of ASIO drivers and Windows setup. There are lots of tutorials on REW but there are some basics I just don't get. Nobody explains what parameters you have to set on your receiver. I know how to measure the mains: just set them to "large" + turn of the subwoofer and so I got measurements for Left, Right and for both at the same time. But how do I have to measure the Subwoofer? When I measure it the level doesn't match the level of the mains. How can I get them to match? Since I'm sending test signals by HDMI cable I do send LFE channel test tone but when I'll crossover the mains again, the subwoofer will get the low bass signal of the mains + LFE. That's causing my biggest confusion.
Next thing I don't understand is how to measure the whole system (Left + Right + Subwoofer), or do I even want to do this?
There are tons of other questions and I didn't even start to get to the rest of the 5.1.2 system.
My goal is to get measurements to setup the speakers + subwoofer well. Just to know what distance to the walls the mains should have, my seating position and the best subwoofer location.

Your help is very much appriciated!
Clemens

Attachments

• test 2.mdat
    17.6 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom