Finished My new Studio Please Check

usoygur

Registered
Hello Everyone,
I just finish my studio, please check the my studio response, what you think ?

Thank you

Attachments

• Haz 6 21_02_56 room calculate.mdat
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • res1.jpg
    res1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 39
  • res2.jpg
    res2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 38

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
Hello Everyone,
I just finish my studio, please check the my studio response, what you think ?

Thank you

I've taken a look at these measurements. Seem's like you have far too much direct sound and too little room information. This doesn't appear to be a measurement of the studio and just a measurement of your speaker. Did you measure by placing the mic very close to the speaker?

Basically, the impulse response is too clean and the RT60 suggests this is an anechoic chamber. There is no evidence of any reflections anywhere at all.

If this is truely a measurement of the studio space, then I guess you have truely achieved a zero-environment room, but I've never even seen a studio measure this clean before.

As for the speaker measurements themselves, it looks good overall, but you would really need more measurements to say much. Given that there is no evidence of room effects in the measurements, there is some roughness in the response at LF's that might be cleaned up with EQ, the addition of some subs, or additional targeted LF bass traps.

Take a look at the spectrogram using a wavelet analysis. When I do this I see a strange shift in the peak. The peak shifts suddenly at 135hz from 0ms to 10ms. It is common to see a gradual shift in the peak as the LF's are longer and reflecting quite a bit, but I have never seen such a sudden, drastic, and constant shift as this.

Without more information, it's hard to say, but like I said, I'm guessing something is wrong with how the measurement was taken. For a studio, you really want to take a variety of measurements at different places in the room. I normally take a close-mic measurement of each speaker, a handful of measurements at the mix-position around where the head would be, a few pointed at suspected reflecting surfaces, and a few at various places around the room to check modal behavior. If the studio is only used for mixing, I will focus on getting the best "acoustic bubble" in the mix position itself. If the studio is used for recording, then you need to check carefully the entire room, and in this case, the treatment needs to match the intended purpose. Using subwoofers to smooth the bass won't work anymore because acoustic instruments will still excite the modes (Though arguably a smooth LF response in the mix position, even an artificially smooth one, allows you to hear the boominess in the recording and EQ it out of the mix).

Top Bottom