Finding a resonance

maqu

Registered
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to use REW to see a resonance I'm encountering. If I use REW to play a tone burst at 500 Hz, I can clearly hear a lower, muddy, tone coming through. I'm trying to figure out where it is coming from and I thought I could use REW to display the frequency graph so I can see what other frequencies are coming through when 500 Hz is being played. I did a measurement in REW that does the frequency sweep, however, I cannot find any way to display the frequency graph when the 500 Hz tone was being played during that sweep. Can someone give me a pointer or am I going about this all wrong (which is very possible!) Thanks!

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
You could try using the RTA (Real Time Analyzer) function of REW to see what frequencies are being picked up and you can do this while playing the 500hz tone to try to excite the resonance you're hearing.
Its and interesting problem and I'm not sure that even if you knew what the frequency of a resonance is that you'd be able to tell where its coming from.

Top Bottom