Filter file from room curve alone

Richard Harvey

Registered
Is it possible to generate a filter settings text file from just the room or a custom curve without a measurement sweep?
Many thanks. Richard.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can import a response from a text file and generate filter settings to bring that imported response to the target curve.

Breeman

HI John,

I am sorry for hijacking this thread, however I justed to know if it possible to equalize let's say, the right channel speaker for instance, to a predefined target/room curve (as defined in the Preference screen) and then use this equalized transef function of the right channel speaker as the "new" target curve to equalise the left channel speaker against? My goal to try match the transfer functions of the right and left channel loudspeakers as closely as is practically possible without resorting to utilizing the DSP inverse filter as such. Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You could export the EQ filtered IR from the right channel, import that WAV, then export the resulting measurement as text and use the text file as a house curve for the EQ window. Not sure it would work any better than EQ'ing both to the same target.

Breeman

You could export the EQ filtered IR from the right channel, import that WAV, then export the resulting measurement as text and use the text file as a house curve for the EQ window. Not sure it would work any better than EQ'ing both to the same target.
Thanks John,

Just a bit confused though about using "...the text file as a house curve..." part. How does one replace the the "normal" target curve with the imported response? Sorry, just having a dull moment here.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is a House Curve tab in the preferences to load the file. It is added to whatever the target shape is, so use "None" as the target.

Top Bottom