Feature requests for scope

lorrain

More  
Main Amp
SONY
I am very happy with the new functionalities such as multiple inputs in RTA. Many thanks for that.
I appreciate also a lot the possibility to defined different probes with FS (this was a request that I made some time ago!!).
I use REW mainly for electronics measurement and regularly use the scope. It is very pleasant to use and surpasses all other scope software except maybe the scope from “waveforms digilent” (waveforms could be used with souncards) but which is very heavy to use.
I suggest these improvements related to scope:

1-Possibility to define FS per entry (scope and RTA). I use different probes attenuation at channel 1 and 2 of my soundcard (Focusrite clarett2pro USB).

2-New persistence mode by making the persistence infinite and using color to characterize the degree of persistence. Areas of the waveform that have the highest population density are displayed red, while the areas with lower population density are displayed blue with a variation of color between Red and Blu depending density. The color palette could be similar to that used in the Waterfall or Spectrogram function. Color scheme could be “heat”.
Persistence applied only on one channel (CH1 or CH2) chosen by the user and displayed as a third trace (as Math function).
For a simple implementation, Persistance infinite (PI) could be in the “Math function” with 2 new possibilities in the existing list : PI(A) and PI(B).

3/Indication of voltage rms and peak to peak for channel 1 and channel 2

I understand that these requests are not priorities but the scope function is so well done and easy to use that it merits improvements !!.
Improvement 1 (separate FS with inputs) is more usefull.
Thanks
Eric

Top Bottom