Feature requests: EQ window phase response, track original impulse timing offset when shifting

Phil Heath

Registered
Hey everyone.

Thank you John for the incredible software you have created. It has helped me explore the fascinating world of audio.

I have two feature requests, hopefully they would not be too difficult to implement.

First, in the EQ window, could you add the measurement's phase response and prediction to the bottom pane, as an option next to Waterfall / Impulse / Pole-Zero ?

Related, could you add support for an optional phase column in the target/house curve and if present display it in the EQ phase response pane?

I have been loving the vector averages, having an averaged phase response. I have been exporting them and using rePhase to model EQ with phase, but would love to be able to do it all within REW.

Second, in the main window Impulse tab, could you add a way to keep track of the original impulse delay offset?

The estimate IR delay works decently well, but sometimes requires correction.

I currently have to track where the original offset was and how much I shifted it, and correlate that with the different mic measurement positions timing and DSP channel delays.

Sometimes I lose track of where I am with shifting the impulse offsets and have to start over.

Thank you!

Phil Heath

Registered
Of course... I just rediscovered the Overlays > Predictive Phase view... Which kinda accomplishes what I was trying to do with the EQ window phase response.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Of course... I just rediscovered the Overlays > Predictive Phase view... Which kinda accomplishes what I was trying to do with the EQ window phase response.
Yes, but could be handy to have them on the EQ window as well, I'll add that to the request list.

In the main window Impulse tab, could you add a way to keep track of the original impulse delay offset?
I'll add that to the list as well.

ckirocz28

Registered
Yes, but could be handy to have them on the EQ window as well, I'll add that to the request list.

I'll add that to the list as well.
I'm going to piggyback on this to avoid creating another thread. Can you add a display of the house curve to the rta window? It would be usefull for manual tuning and setting gains.

Greg Dunn

I agree, it would be nice to have the house curve visible to help analyze how close I am to the target without having to plot, analyze, repeat.

Top Bottom