Feature Request - Some more EQ controls for generic EQ

ric982

Hi,
There may be a way to do some of these that I haven't found (on 5.30 beta 2). but ...

I have a MTRX studio which has 16 EQ per channel. On a Satellite output with Bass Management, a 24 dB/oct LInkwitz cross over burns 4 of the 16 so I have 12 left. On a subwoofer output, the LPF is part of the bass management profile and takes 2 filters for a 24 dB/oct Butterworth, so here I have 14 left. (tand yes, here's a reason to use a 24 dB Butterworth fior this). So the point is, the available number can vary by measurement as opposed to for the entire generic. I'm also using a target curve.

On the EQ panel, Filter Tasks tab, it would be handy if there was a way to limit the number of filters used. I"m pretty sure I've seen it change some of the filters I've cleared by turning Auto EQ off setting the filter type to none, and the manual optimization options don't seem to go through the full filter selection process that "Make response match target does". In other words, I seem to have trouble keeping it from trying to get it to stop using more filters than I have.

Also MTRX only supports Q in the range +/-10. Would be nice to have a max Q control. Right now, I'm manually changing them to 10, and turning off auto EQ - but then I can only optimize Gains. - because gains/Q or Gains/Qs/Freqs will set them back up to whatever it wants even when they're not Auto EQ.

Since I need to limit filters to what I have, I"ve been varying the Flatness target, target curve level, and maybe the range to try to get it to allocate fewer filters. But the number can jump from not using all the filters (like 8) to using too many (like 13-16) - I have 12. It also tries to apply the flatness constraint from the lowest frequency and proceeds upwards until it runs out of filters (probably the best choice if you're going to run out), but I think I"m wanting something that will use all the filters I have to get as close to the flatness target as it can and address the full range rather than meet the target on part of it and then and run out before it gets to the end of the range. Perhaps the simpliest solution to this would be to just give me a flatness target had more resolution (e.g. 1.3 dB) so I might be able to tune it in to use the filters I have available without going over.

ric982

Ha! I never thought to look in the drop down of the "Generic" equalizer models for more models than "Generic". Sorry I didn't see this in the manual. I think that solves my number of filters and Q range issues. I'll play with it some to see if that fixes all my issues - sounds like it should.

Thanks.

Top Bottom