Computer
Main Amp
Gemini XP3000
Additional Amp
Samson SERVO 600
Other Amp
Samson SERVO 200 and Yamaha STR-DB840
Hello,

Feature request: add a radio button group to be able to choose either a sine burst length specification in "cycles" or in "milliseconds" (for example).

Why ? I'm trying to use sine bursts + reverberation (11ms delay, -30dB during 2secs) to make a subjective equalization with my headphones using binaural reproduction technique. Actually, I need to use 100 cycles to equalize around 1000-4000hz, but past 4000hz the burst become too short in time and I cannot go past 100 hundred cycles with the current generator. It is also not convenient in the lower frequencies to change the number of cycles as the sine burst frequency changes (the lowest the frequency, the lower the number of cycles). I think using a fixed time length for the sine burst signal would solve this issue.

Best regards,
Jean

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I've added an option to specify the tone burst duration in ms for the next beta. It will generate a burst with an integer number of half cycles (however many fit in the duration) and have at least one half cycle even if the requested duration is less than half a cycle at the generator frequency.

Top Bottom