Feature Request/Modification

G29

Is it possible to add a second or 2 of silence after the last timing chirp in the sweep file generator (e.g. have the same amount of silence after the last chirp as before the 1st timing chirp) ?

This is to compensate for longer filter delays and/or playback chains that truncate the end of the playback file by the length of the aggregate filter delays ?

It looks like there is @ 3 seconds of silence before the 1st chirp and @ 100 ms of silence after the last chirp.

Thanks much.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Why would filter delays truncate playback rather than just delay it? Not a problem to add some dither data at the end of the file though, I'll do that for the next build.

G29

Why would filter delays truncate playback rather than just delay it? Not a problem to add some dither data at the end of the file though, I'll do that for the next build.

Hi John,

I am using pipes so something in the playback chain maybe shutting down the pipe pre-maturely.

I used Audacity to copy silence from the beginning of the wav files and append it to the end of the wav files as a work-around which works for me. I thought it wouldn't hurt to have the trailing silence in the source so others don't run into the same issue and have to re-diagnose.

Thanks for the support.

Top Bottom