Export multiple impulse responses

greatadrian

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank John for this brilliant piece of software. The latest addition of sweep sine measurements with acoustic reference made it even better!
I am using REW for various measurements, including room acoustics. I am wondering if its possible to export all impulse responses in WAV format at once?
So far I had to click on each and every measurement and export it individually. Is there a way of avoiding that?

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank John for this brilliant piece of software. The latest addition of sweep sine measurements with acoustic reference made it even better!
I am using REW for various measurements, including room acoustics. I am wondering if its possible to export all impulse responses in WAV format at once?
So far I had to click on each and every measurement and export it individually. Is there a way of avoiding that?

I am unaware of a way to do that. I have to export them one by one.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There isn't a way of bulk exporting the impulse responses, I'll add that to the feature request list.

3ll3d00d

this would be handy

would it also be possible to get the same options from "export as WAV" into the "export as text" for impulses?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Do you mean the options to normalise, apply the window or export the min phase version?

3ll3d00d

I wouldn't call such files huge by any means, it is just one double precision value per sample. If only the windowed bit is exported then a typical pseudo anechoic measurement will be fairly small.

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
I wouldn't call such files huge by any means, it is just one double precision value per sample. If only the windowed bit is exported then a typical pseudo anechoic measurement will be fairly small.

I guess we will have to see what happens if John incorporates this. This was possible with Holmimpulse, but the files were very large. I never had a use for them, but had saved this way just to see what the files looked like. Once in this format I had assumed I could import them into statistical analysis software for manipulation and analysis, but turned out to be a very inefficient way to do that.

What are your plans with the file?

Top Bottom