EXCL or AISO help!!!!

djdanko1

Registered
I've been really diving in an learning a lot from REW, but I am stuck getting further because I can't utilize ASIO or EXCL on either of my laptops. One is an HP elitebook g8 and the other is a new surface pro. at first I thought it was my AVR, but I have since upgraded and the issue continues. Ideally I would like to use EXCL, but would use ASIO if I could get it working.

With output set to EXCL I get no sound at all. I have verified the default outputs are correct in windows. With ASIO I get really bad feedback/ distortion and sometimes cannot get it to detect my UMIK.

Any help would be so very much appreciated. This is really holding me back!

Baku

Registered
Ensure you got the latest version ASIO4ALL drivers installed. If not - update. If yes - try the following.

Run the REW.
Open the ASIO4ALL control panel.
Go to settings in the control panel.
Enlarge the Buffer size.
Make sure the sound settings in the windows (assuming it is running windows) are configured 16bit 48khz for the sound card used.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
FlexASIO is a better option for ASIO. On the lack of sound when using EXCL worth checking the speaker setup on the Windows audio properties for the output (The "Configure" button on the Sound control panel with the output device selected) and the volume control settings on the Levels tab of the properties.

Top Bottom