Error Message When I try to send audio (from REW Generator) through EVO 8 USB Interface.

Chuck Gerlach

I am having all kinds of difficulties trying to get consistent results when trying to use this (EVO) interface, but I'm 99% sure it has something to do with REW settings or set up or power up sequence or ? I spent 5 hours on the phone with another REW/EVO user and he is not having any of the difficulties I am. I gave him access to my computer that is running both REW and the EVO software and he could not find the cause either.

In this particular case, I am unable to get audio to play through the speaker (though it was working until I moved and reset up the the interface and mics). I know the audio is being sent as the lights on the EVO show that the output is being sent??? I get the following error message and I have no clue what it means or where to look to fix it. I KNOW it is not the amp or speaker since I can un-connect the XLR from the EVO and connect the XLR from the processor and I get sound. Is there a proper connection order of mics and USB connector to computer etc? How about proper power up sequence? This is incredibly frustrating and not sure how to fix it.

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 9.21.36 AM.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Connection order and power up do not matter, just make sure everything is connected and switched on before starting REW. REW cannot control the sample rate of the interface on macOS, some interfaces may be locked to a particular rate by their setup software. You should be able to check the sample rate and format (stereo, multi-channel etc) in Audio Midi Setup. A device may also refuse connection if it is already in use by another application.

Top Bottom