Error in Generator function

atodell

Registered
I was just trying to use the Generator to listen to the difference in the various signals it can generate, using my Macbook speakers as the output device. Every time I select one of the options and then click play, I get this: "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 30 occurred, see Details for more information to report."

When I click Details, this is what I get:

REW V5.20 Beta 34 running JRE 1.8.0_202 64-bit on OS X 10.14.6, en, UTF-8

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 30
Stack Trace:
roomeqwizard.tC.A(y:3397)
roomeqwizard.tC.A(y:1317)
roomeqwizard.tC.f(y:1191)
roomeqwizard.tC.run(y:503)

I'm assuming this is something on my end, any tips on how to fix? Happens when trying to generate 1k tone, pink noise, etc.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I's guess you may previously have set up the output channel mappings with an interface that had at least 30 channels before switching to the onboard speakers, which have 2, and REW is still trying to apply the old channel mappings and select a channel that doesn't exist. If you select the multichannel interface again and reset the REW channel mappings that may fix it for now, I'll put a proper fix in the next beta.

atodell

Registered
Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I had a 32-input/output device previously connected (digital console). Can't reconnect it regularly, don't have constant access, but I'll try to reset in the near future. If it doesn't work, I'll update you. Thanks again.

On a related note, REW is still single-channel only, correct? I think I saw it was on your to-do list, and I'm sure it involves quite a bit of work on your part, but looking forward to that capability!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You could also use the "Delete preferences and shut down" option in the Preferences menu to reset everything.

When you say single-channel, do you mean not a dual channel FFT system? If so, yes, it is still single channel.

Top Bottom