Equalizer APO question, Kodi passthrough

Kiptanoi

Registered
Hello.
I am using windows 11 in my HTPC, in my home theater room.
And I am really new to REW and EQ my sound.
But after some videos and so on, I have learn to measure my speakers and so on.
And then use REW EQ, for my subwoofers that I am using a miniDSP 2x4 HD to.
In my computer I have Peace Equalizer, interface Equalizer APO.

If I make a txt file with Room EQ, and use APO to import them to my different speakers.
Then It works fine and so on....
when I am using spotify, or watch something via webbrowser.

But now I wonder, if the APO in my windows working when I am using Kodi and set my audio inside Kodi to use Passthrough?
(All my Audio from Computer goes via HDMI cable to my Reciever.)

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Ideally, you want the processing, such as umixers and bass management to occur before the signal is sent to an equalized speaker (channel).

If bass management and upmixing is done in your PC before EQ APO, or EQ APO can do bass management before applying EQ and no upmixing /downmixing is done afterwards in the AVR, then it works properly. If bass management and upmixing is done in the AVR then it won’t work as it should.

Kiptanoi

Registered
Ideally, you want the processing, such as umixers and bass management to occur before the signal is sent to an equalized speaker (channel).

If bass management and upmixing is done in your PC before EQ APO, or EQ APO can do bass management before applying EQ and no upmixing /downmixing is done afterwards in the AVR, then it works properly. If bass management and upmixing is done in the AVR then it won’t work as it should.

OK, how can I get APO on my windows machine to work on my front speakers (Front left, front center, front right) with Kodi when I am using audio passthrough in Kodi?

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
OK, how can I get APO on my windows machine to work on my front speakers (Front left, front center, front right) with Kodi when I am using audio passthrough in Kodi?
I’m afraid that’s a question for someone else to answer. I don’t use either one of those products.

Top Bottom