EQ Filters question

razzkazz

Registered
Hi All

First post here, I had a look around couldn't see a similar question. If this has been addressed just point me to the post, thanks :)

I have been using REW for many years but only recently looked at the EQ section. When matching the response to target, I get some useful corrections but the process is ignoring two major issues.

At around 41Hz and from 73 - 105Hz it is applying no filters. Is this because those issues are too far from the target level, or only areas above the target level get adjusted? Problem areas on either side get corrected. I have tried adjusting the Target and Filter Tasks settings, but those sections always get ignored.

Is there a way to get REW to add filters in these sections? Can you add filter points manually?

Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha CX-A5000 A/V Preamp / Processor
Main Amp
Yamaha RX-Z9 AV Receiver (as multichannel amp)
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Denon DCT-3313 UDCI Universal Disc Player
Front Speakers
Canton Karat 920
Center Channel Speaker
Canton Karat 920
Front Wide Speakers
Realistic Minimus 7 (front EFX speakers)
Surround Speakers
Canton Plus D
Surround Back Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (front mains)
Front Height Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (surrounds)
Rear Height Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (sub)
Subwoofers
Hsu ULS-15 MKII
Other Speakers or Equipment
Adcom ACE-515 (for power management)
Video Display Device
Yamaha DT-2 (digital clock display)
Screen
Pioneer PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma TV
Remote Control
Stock Yamaha Remote
Streaming Equipment
Roku Express
Other Equipment
Audio Control R130 Real Time Analyzer
I’m not using the latest version of REW, but it looks like it’s not applying any boost filters in your case. I believe the current version allows that, so look for a setting.

That said, filters can be applied to the graph manually.

Regards,
Wayne

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW will not try to boost any areas that are more than the setting for individual filter max boost below the target. You can have REW adjust any filters you apply using the Filter Tasks controls to optimise gains, gains and Qs or gains, Q's and frequencies.

razzkazz

Registered
Thanks Wayne, I looked into adding manual filters but couldn't see how, on further investigation I found the relevant section :)

Thanks John, thought I was something like that. I will adjust the points I need manually and see how that works out.

Top Bottom