"Easy" THD plots?

ClaudiusMaximus

Registered
Hi Folks,

I am a constant user of REW and mostly for designing speakers which did great over the years. But there was always one issue where i think REW took it for my particular kind of useage a little too far.
So i was wandering if its possible (or mayby i am just stupid? :-D) to make an easier THD/Harmonics Window/Plot where one can have an better understanding of all the graphs. What i mean is, if you look for instance at a plot from clio or or klippel you can have a plot which looks like this:

Which say: THD at 95 db SPL and shown are the harmonics of k2, k3 and k5 order. So very easy to read. Is this in any way achievable in REW to arrange and i mean not only to show me only the plots for 2, 3 or 5th harmonic, no i mean is there any trick in the settings to i dont know ho to say it...make it more "easier" to handle and look?
Would be realy glad if someone can point me in more understandable direction.

Regards CM

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
Move your mouse cursor to the upper left of the distortion screen. You will see a pop-up that will allow you to choose various displays. Try each one to see which format you like the most.

ClaudiusMaximus

Registered
Hi, thanks for the reply. But changing the graph away from percentage does not really do the job, nor changes the illustration to something like the shown above :-). Besides i need the dependency to percentage, to know which driver is doing what, to put it midly :-D.
I know in the end its just another visulisation of the same thing. But i my mind it is easyier the way if could be displayed differently.

Regards CM

sam_adams

Maybe some pics will help:

dB relative display:

SPL level:

Percentage:

The options:

determine what's shown at the bottom of the window and calculations of distortion.

ClaudiusMaximus

Registered
So years later, i reply to my own stupidness...! :-D

The culprit, which was for one, my own lack of the knowlegde was on the other hand my measuring amplifier which had a short time after writing the posts his final goddbye in form of some smoke coming out of him. Turns out it was the thing which distorted my measurements the whole time!
After the forcefull change to an new measuring amp, my graphs looked the way they should be. :T

So the lesson learned in here is: do check your equipment and more often, as one should think.

Greets CM

Top Bottom