Dune HD PRO 4K

NBPK402

Staff member
VIP Supporter
I just picked up one, and I have to say I love it. I am a long time Kodi user, and I saw that this box could also run Kodi, so i figured I would give it a try. It is a very nicely built box made out of metal. It is about the height of a 3.5" HDD, and the width of 2 HDDs side by side.
I hooked this up to my Yamaha, and proceeded to browse through the screens, and I liked the looks of the way it worked. I then did some research as there is no real manual included with the unit. I found out how to use the DUNE media streamer (after trying out the Kodi Android portion of the box), and it is very similar to the older XBMC.

The remote is not very good though (range is not good, and sometimes you have to hit a key twice), and I cannot wait to get my setup completed with it being IP controlled instead of via IR. The picture quality looked great with no stutters (something I have noticed on other Kodi boxes, and Windows installs).

This box just works! I have a 2nd one coming too, but this one will be the DUNE HD PRO 4K PLUS. The only difference being that it has an internal drive bay for a 3.5" HDD vs external hookups for the current model I have. I originally got 2 because I wanted to run 1 for HD Movies, and the other for listening to music. I know I can run Kodi for both, but I like keeping them seperate. What i did find on this unit is, that even though the audio is great sounding the player does not have the nice screen images of album art, and info that other products do. This is not a big issue as I will be using it 99% of the time as a transport on y, and viewing my music catalog through my HA Software on a tablet anyway. I just mentioned it as it would have made foe a more complete experience if it gave all the info for when you want to just access the player, and play a song.

I am planning on getting a large enough hard drive to hook up directly to the HD, and use the NAS strictly as a backup...instead of as a media streaming device. I do not know if this will make the setup snappier than via a wired network, but I will find out.

Top Bottom