Dont know if there are any wishlist thread here on this forum so ill just do this...

kickerzx

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RX-V3800
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 gen 1 (main channels)
Additional Amp
Nad 218 (sub and centerchannel)
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo BDP 103
Front Speakers
SVS MTS 01
Center Channel Speaker
SVS MCS 01
Surround Speakers
SVS MBS 01
Subwoofers
SVS PC pluss 20-39. Blown amp. Using NAD 218 on it
Other Speakers or Equipment
Antimode 8033c
Screen
Sony W905A 55"
Remote Control
Harmony Ultimate
Streaming Subscriptions
2. room. MiniDSP 2x4HD, NAD 916, JAMO 606, Sonos
Or even if its the right channel to do so...
I have chased a problem the last few days (btw im pretty new to REW and MiniDSP (that this is related to)) where my biquad filters generated in REW ended up fudged inside the PEQ in Minidsp.
I have a 2x4HD that is firmware upgraded to DDRC-24 (the Dirac version). Now... When in the EQ part of REW whern choosing what type of EQ you got and want filters for i instinctivly choose the 2X4HD. Turns out this is a 96khz unit while my DDRC version is 48khz.
The "regular" 2x4 unit is 48khz but this one only got 6 filter slots whereas i got 10 in mine so it doesnt really fit the bill. Neither does any of the other Minidsp options.
What i ended up doing was choosing "Generic", uncheck the last 10 filters (to leave me with 10) and choose 48khz when prompted when saving the file. This gave me the desired result.
So what i am asking for is to have a native option for the 48khz, 10 filter, Minidsp units.

Btw. Every input/output setting in REW is setup with 48khz incase that Q should pop up.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The ability to configure the Generic equaliser in the way you mention was added to cover cases like this, otherwise the list of equalisers becomes a bit unwieldy, bearing in mind there are already 3 miniDSP entries in the list.

kickerzx

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RX-V3800
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 gen 1 (main channels)
Additional Amp
Nad 218 (sub and centerchannel)
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo BDP 103
Front Speakers
SVS MTS 01
Center Channel Speaker
SVS MCS 01
Surround Speakers
SVS MBS 01
Subwoofers
SVS PC pluss 20-39. Blown amp. Using NAD 218 on it
Other Speakers or Equipment
Antimode 8033c
Screen
Sony W905A 55"
Remote Control
Harmony Ultimate
Streaming Subscriptions
2. room. MiniDSP 2x4HD, NAD 916, JAMO 606, Sonos
Fair enough.. And easy enough now that i am aware of what my issue actually was...

Top Bottom