Distortion Figures Vanished

Old Ears

Registered
Hello,
I have used REW V5.19 for about 6 months now and successfully made all the measurements I needed. I just resumed measurements, however, the distortion figures are blank, both in percentage and dB. I have restarted the program and ensured I have the correct mic cal file for the UMIK-1. I've made 6 runs and all the same result.
Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Could you attach an example mdat file? Remember that the distortion figures in the graph legend are for the current location of the cursor on the graph, so make sure the cursor is within the measurement frequency range.

Old Ears

Registered
Thank you John. I had forgotten about moving the cursor.

An additional question: When I check levels, the program will give a level and it is in green in the OK range. During the sweep, it sometimes says that it hits 0 dB and clipping was detected. My goal is to measure the distortion of the system at realistic listening levels (85 dB or so). It seems that the program runs out of headroom well before that, meaning that I can only measure distortion at levels of about 72-75 dB. I'm sure I'm missing something here...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Reduce your mic input volume. If it is set to full scale (1.0 or 100 depending on the volume control display) the UMIK will be applying 24 dB of gain. On Windows 10 a good volume setting is 0.53, which corresponds to 0 dB gain.

Old Ears

Registered
Thanks again. On my Mac Big Sur, UMIk was reporting 18 dB of gain. I set the input slider to midway and now my measurements are reporting what I needed

Top Bottom