DIRAC Live Processor setup

Unique

Registered
Hi,

Been trying to calibrate a 5.1 setup using the DIRAC PC app (trial surround mode).

Running into two mayor problems:

1) LFE channel seems 10 or 15 dB louder when using HDMI, and dirac "corrects" this by applying -13DB level. However when listening to movies it seems the 10dB gain is actually required, since there is barely any LFE left after calibration.
/Edit: Just found the global setting option "LFE 10DB gain", perhaps this fixes this problem. Although so far this setting only seems to work when dirac eq is disabled...so probably have to remeasure. For now I will just disable the "Gain compensation" option.
2) Can't seem to find the crossover setting to integrate the sub with the speakers. Any clue where the option is?
I can apply crossovers using microsoft bass management (on the hdmi sound device), but the LFE channel wont be EQ'ed by DIRAC then, so it seems mandatory for DIRAC DSP to do the crossover. (Since the virtual dirac soundcard also has no bass management options..)

Thank you

Last edited:

Unique

Registered
Seems you need to buy Dirac Live® Bass Control for crossover functionality,
Very strange, what use is a calibration studio when you cant use it for anything other than full range speakers?
And whats even more strange, there seems to be no license to activate bass control on windows, how do people use dirac on pc?!

Kal Rubinson

Very strange, what use is a calibration studio when you cant use it for anything other than full range speakers?
And whats even more strange, there seems to be no license to activate bass control on windows, how do people use dirac on pc?!
1. Yes.
2. Do the BM before the DL.
3. It's there somewhere but, I think, still only in Beta.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Maybe @Flak can guide you to DLBC for PC and if a trial version could be established.

Unique

Registered
Thanks for the replies!

Considering my trial ends in 2 weeks, I guess Kals suggestion to do BM before DL is probably the easiest to proceed for now.
Although BM was one of the mayor things i wanted to try, because Audyssey XT always creates mayor nulls in my room after calibration which I manually have to fix using the PB13 phase control.

The phase integration issue was also one of the main reasons I picked up on rephase and REW this year, to try and manually correct such issues.
So far without result, but learned a lot anyhow :-)

And yes, if @Flak could organize a license for BM it would be nice to test for sure.

Top Bottom