Delay Line Measure delay

Untie

Registered
Hello,
I am setting up a delay line for a concert. Is there a way to measure the delay for this in REW? Smaart, for example, emits a sound that can be recorded with a microphone and the program measures the duration between transmission and reception.
If not, would it be possible to implement this?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You could do that by using a loopback connection on one channel as a timing reference and making a sweep measurement through the delay line on another channel.

Untie

Registered
Thank you.
I've a question to measuring with a sweep (I tried it today with an interface (and an PA system (with Linux and Win10)) and a few minutes ago with my internal mic and desktop speakers (with Linux)). Both times I didn't hear a sweep. I used the default settings for measuring.
1702329219937.png

Do I make a mistake? REW shows an error after completing the measure:
1702329305725.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Select the actual device you are using on the REW soundcard preferences, do not rely on the OS default.

Untie

Registered
There is only the Default In- and Output possible. I cannot choose other devices.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Device selection is in the Soundcard preferences, choose the input and output devices there. Best choosing entries whose names start with Excl to use WASAPI Exclusive drivers.

Untie

Registered
Thank you, I tried it just at home with my desktop speakers at it worked now. I'll try tomorrow with the interface, PA System and measure micro.
In which graph do I see the delay between the inner loop back and the microphone the best?

Untie

Registered
Forget the question, I see it just now in the information about the measurement.

Top Bottom