Other Amp
Behringer Nu1000dsp
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Pioneer Elite PD-65
Front Speakers
GodenEar Triton Five
Subwoofers
DIY Dayton Audio Titanic 10"
I have a rudimentary understanding of REW; Impulse, Filtered IR, GD, RT60 Clarity, Decay, Waterfall, Spectrogram, and Captured baffle me.

For the record, I use Dirac on my indoor stereo.

My pandemic project was building a 7.1 patio theater - my wife loves movies. This was all very budget conscious but I tried my best to make good decisions and exploit inverse square law and boundary gain when it came to the subwoofer.

When I first set it up I used Audyssey - included with Denon AVR-X1600H receiver - to set levels and phase, though it was not something I'd want to do again since Audyssey was not meant to be used outdoor. I imagine the neighbors were not happy with all the noise and volume levels required. I have never bothered to measure the system after it was done, until today.

I took a few measurements with the only change being the crossover frequency, 40, 60, 80, 90, 100hz. The only real evidence of crossover frequency change is in the THD measurement.
- I do have a proper calibrated microphone.
- There is not much difference in the graphs, overall.
- THD is not great but my patio is not a listening room.
- There is some funk between 500-2000hz. I did close mic measurements on my L&R speakers - they are not the cause. (Those measurements are not included in data). I imagine ifs reflections off the house and retaining wall.

I'd love it if somebody where to download my measurements and offer some feedback. I cannot change much and certainly not going to acoustically treat the outdoors.
The file can be found here: dale-murray. com / REW / <-- just remove the spaces.

Attachments

• Theater.jpeg
    Theater.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 14
Top Bottom