Crossover filters

speed26

Registered
Hello everyone,

In the older versions of REW, there was the ability to simulate crossover slopes for a frequency response in the Eq filter tab.
I'm currently on version 5.30.3 and can't find where the feature was moved to or was it taken away.
If I remember correctly, the manufacturer must be set to generic in order to use the feature, but doing so gives me no option for crossover filters.
Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The crossover filters come after the regular filters for the Generic - generic EQ, so they are on the right hand side of the new filter panel layout. Alternatively the Generic - extended option allows crossover filters in any filter position by configuring the Low pass or High pass entries to suit.

babyghost

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Helix P6 DSP Ultimate
Additional Amp
Focal
Front Speakers
Focal K2 165KX3
Subwoofers
Focal Sub 10WM
The crossover filters come after the regular filters for the Generic - generic EQ, so they are on the right hand side of the new filter panel layout. Alternatively the Generic - extended option allows crossover filters in any filter position by configuring the Low pass or High pass entries to suit.
Hi John, I can't seems to use crossover filters with audiotec fischer full 30 bands selected. Is there any way I can implement the crossover filters first? That way REW can use the full 30 bands of EQ if needed(compares to Generic expended).

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The filter options for the Audiotec Fischer entries are those the manufacturer requested. I don't know what other filtering capabilities those units have but they would need to be configured outside REW.

babyghost

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Helix P6 DSP Ultimate
Additional Amp
Focal
Front Speakers
Focal K2 165KX3
Subwoofers
Focal Sub 10WM
The filter options for the Audiotec Fischer entries are those the manufacturer requested. I don't know what other filtering capabilities those units have but they would need to be configured outside REW.
Hi John, thanks for the reply.
I think the newer 5.3 version is missing the standalone crossover filters as an option, I found them in the 5.2s and they worked great.
If I can use the full 30 bands auto eq in the newer 5.3s plus crossover filters it will be perfect.
Thanks again and take care.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I think the newer 5.3 version is missing the standalone crossover filters as an option
Do you mean in the Generic equaliser? As above, they are on the right hand side of the panel. If you mean you want crossover filters in the Audiotec equaliser option you'll have to ask Audiotec for that, they specified how it should work.

Top Bottom