Corrupt Mac download?

EarlK

Hi

I just downloaded the Mac version and get the following when I try to open the dmg :

Thanks

If you Google the contents of the message you posted, you'll find the answer to your dilemma.

Essentially, you need to allow your Mac to download a file of an unknown original ( that hasn't been certified "as safe" by the Apple protection algorithm > borg ).

:)

dmormerod

Registered
If you Google the contents of the message you posted, you'll find the answer to your dilemma.

Essentially, you need to allow your Mac to download a file of an unknown original ( that hasn't been certified "as safe" by the Apple protection algorithm > borg ).

:)

Thanks. In all my years as a Mac user this is the first dmg file I've seen this. Anyway, fixed now!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Just to elaborate for any others encountering this: the message is misleading, the file is not damaged. That message is displayed if app security settings are configured to only allow apps from the Mac app store. To fix that go to Security & Privacy, General and select the option to allow apps from the app store and identified developers. The MacOS dmg is signed with an Apple-issued developer identification key.

dmormerod

Registered
Just to elaborate for any others encountering this: the message is misleading, the file is not damaged. That message is displayed if app security settings are configured to only allow apps from the Mac app store. To fix that go to Security & Privacy, General and select the option to allow apps from the app store and identified developers. The MacOS dmg is signed with an Apple-issued developer identification key.

Actually that wasn’t the fix. I already had that set. I had to go into terminal and do the following :

sudo spctl —master-disable

John Mulcahy

REW Author
This does seem to be 10.14 related, the installer has just been updated to support "stricter time stamping validation" for 10.14. The next beta version will be built with the new installer.

Top Bottom