Correction Filter problem

oldpond

I am trying to create a correction filter for Equalizer APO for use with my HP Reverb G2 headset. The challenge is that I am sitting next to my CPU (loud fans) and I have a desktop fan blowing at me to keep the headset from steaming up. For a mic I have the Zoom F1 with the LMF-2 which can plug into the PC USB port. I have adjusted the F1 to -12 db. Using a simple sound meter app on my phone, I have measured the ambient sound of the room at -38db. I have been watching videos on how to do a measurement, but I am not sure I have set things up correctly to deal with the fan sound coming from my right side. Can you provide some advice on the best approach?

oldpond

I'm thinking separate left and right measurements are essential as well. I'm having troubles checking levels with my LMF-2 mic. I don't think this is the best choice, but it got me started.

ddude003

AV Addict
Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium TubePre (2 channel+sub)
Main Amp
McIntosh MC152 SS Amp (2 channel)
Additional Amp
Yamaha RX-A850 Pro (the other 5 channels lol)
Computer Audio
MacBook Pro, Custom i7 7700k De-lid 2xAsus1080ti GFX, Audirvana Studio, Hang Loose Convolver, Tone Projects Michelangelo, Pulsar Massive & 8200, LiquidSonics, SoX
DAC
Chord Electronics Ltd. Qutest
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X700 /M Ultra HD 4K HDR & PS5
Front Speakers
Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL
Center Channel Speaker
Martin Logan Motion C2
Surround Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4
Surround Back Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4 (yes, another set of these)
Subwoofers
Martin Logan Dynamo 700
Other Speakers or Equipment
Cifte 12AU7 NOS & Genalex Gold Lion Tubes in Pre
Video Display Device
Samsung The Premiere LSP7T UST Laser Projector
Screen
Elite Screens Aeon CLR3 0.8 Gain 103-inch
Remote Control
PrimaLuna, Lumin iApp, Samsung & Yamaha
Streaming Equipment
Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Streaming Switch, Lumin U1 Mini Streamer Transport
Streaming Subscriptions
QoBuz Studio Premier, Amazon Prime & Netflix
Other Equipment
ThrowRug, SaddleBlankets, WideBand & Bass Traps...
Without a nice jig it would be hard to reproduce multiple measurements... These are essentially closed back headphones aren't they?

oldpond

No, they stand away from the ears. So all room sound comes right to the ears. If there is enough energy coming from the speakers, they it overpowers the fan noise from the CPU and desk fan.

Okay, I just realized why the recording was messed up. The headset has two internal microphones so the speakers can "listen" to the room. They have to be turned off for the test.
1688383428333.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom