Control Room / Vocal Booth suggestions

Floating Point

Registered
Hi, attached is the REW measurements for my newly setup control room and vocal booth. Control room is approximately 2,5 x 2,5 m (2,4 m height) with an open right end, currently treated with diffusors in the back and on the ceiling and with absorbers on the left wall. Speakers are positioned approximately 20 cm from the corners (although right speaker don't have a corner because there is no right wall - it is an open space). Vocal booth is approximately 3,4 m x 1,6 m (mic is positioned approximately 1 m from the back wall along the longer axis with the speaker directed to the back wall). Mic is uncalibrated ECM8000. Obviously, there is a problem with low frequencies - could you help with putting those under control? Also, what could you say about the rest of the spectrum? Thanks!

Attachments

• measurement.mdat
    6.8 MB · Views: 28

Floating Point

Registered
Sorry, forgot to mention, current treatment of vocal booth is: diffusors at the back wall, absorbers at the ceiling and left and right wall (not covered completely, mostly from center to the back wall) and bass traps in corners between back wall and left/right walls (bottom half part of back/right wall corner is currently still untreated).

Hi, attached is the REW measurements for my newly setup control room and vocal booth. Control room is approximately 2,5 x 2,5 m (2,4 m height) with an open right end, currently treated with diffusors in the back and on the ceiling and with absorbers on the left wall. Speakers are positioned approximately 20 cm from the corners (although right speaker don't have a corner because there is no right wall - it is an open space). Vocal booth is approximately 3,4 m x 1,6 m (mic is positioned approximately 1 m from the back wall along the longer axis with the speaker directed to the back wall). Mic is uncalibrated ECM8000. Obviously, there is a problem with low frequencies - could you help with putting those under control? Also, what could you say about the rest of the spectrum? Thanks!
The meeasurements for the dimensions of a control room must be for where the hard physical boundaries are. Where you sit MUST be on on the center line of the room, and the monitoring environment absolutely MUST be symmetrical to the line going from front to back where you sit. Any treatments to the listening space must also be symmetrical to that line. Room ratio dimensions are also very important where bass response is concerned. There is a series of resonances called "room modes" for each pair of parallel surfaces, and you do NOT want resonances in the three axial modes to overlap with each other. The vary WORST is having two or all three room dimensions be the same. <waves hand over crystal ball> I see some construction in your future. And if you have the budget, I suggest you hire a qualified professional acoustical consultant (no, I am not one of those, nor do I play one on TV).

Top Bottom