Clock adjustment too large

Mike-48

My use of REW is only occasional, and I admit, I don't seem to be getting very far up the learning curve. Here is the current issue.

I am generating a sweep with REW, saving to a file, then using that sweep to measure my system. This is described in the REW help -- thank you, John M.* I seem to get reasonable results, but an error message pops up (illustrated in the attachment). I have no idea what it means or how to correct it. I'm not even sure what "input and output" mean in the context of taking measurement.

Thanks,
Mike

* I do it this way because the laptop is too far from the preamp to use a USB connection from REW. Also, the preamp has only one USB connection, and it would be awkward to change it around every time I measure.

Attachments

• REW clock error.jpg
    REW clock error.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 41

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I'm not even sure what "input and output" mean in the context of taking measurement.
Input in that case means the REW input device, output means whatever you are using to play the sweep file. On Windows best using the device names starting with EXCL in the soundcard preferences so that REW can control the sample rate of the device. A clock difference that large is probably due to dropouts in either capture or replay, however. You would likely get better results with a shorter sweep, and reduce the chances of dropouts. 256k is plenty long enough for acoustic measurements.

Top Bottom