Clarification about RTA input selection

lorrain

More  
Main Amp
SONY
John,
I note a malfunction or a misunderstanding on my part concerning RTA input selection.

I have a configuration with 2 analog inputs.
All is correct with RTA input selection "Input 1" :
display RTA correct : input 1 displayed.
display Scope correct : " channel 1" displays input 1 and "channel 2" displays input 2
display Level Meters correct : " In1 " displays input 1 and " Ref in " display input 2

But with RTA input selection "Input2", I note a strange behavior:
display RTA correct : input 2 displayed.
display Scope no correct : " channel 1" displays input 2 and " channel 2" displays nothing
display Level Meters no correct : « In1 » displays input 2 and « Ref in » displays also input 2

The Scope and Meter Levels displays should not depend on the input choice in RTA.

Before to give you more explanation with more investigation and photos, …is this problem known?
Thanks
Eric

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Sounds like the expected behaviour. The scope and meters show the measurement input and the reference input, which interface inputs those are depends on your selections, and how they are named depends on the interface and the OS. Currently if the measurement input and reference input are both the same then channel 2 of the scope will not update, I'll change that so it shows the same as channel 1.

lorrain

More  
Main Amp
SONY
I understand now what has been implemented in REW regarding RTA input selection.
The RTA input selection box corresponds to Input selection in Preference menu.
I suppose this meets the needs of REW users and I respect this choice.
For my needs, I would have liked to choose the signal to observe in RTA without questioning the input selection in Preference menu.
Eric

Top Bottom