DeepSOIC

Registered
More  
Main Amp
diy
Front Speakers
diy
Hi!
How do i change mic cal for an existing measurement? According to the docs, there should be a "change cal" button on the flap below a measurement on the panel on the left, but it is missing for me in v5.20.14 and 5.20.13
1698797760439.png

sam_adams

Go to the Preferences menu and select 'Delete preferences and shutdown'. Then uninstall REW using the uninstaller program in the installed directory. Then reinstall REW using the latest EA release.

DeepSOIC

Registered
More  
Main Amp
diy
Front Speakers
diy
did that, to no avail.

I have played with it a bit more, and i do see the button for some other measurements. I consistently do not see it for multichannel-averaged measurements. The "my mics" one on the screenshot is indeed a multichannel one, but the "dayton mic" is not supposed to be.

I would still like to change cal for the multichannel one though...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There isn't an option to change cal files for measurements saved from the RTA or for multi-input and RMS averages. In the case of averages every input to the average could have had different cal files.

DeepSOIC

Registered
More  
Main Amp
diy
Front Speakers
diy
please add it if possible. I understand that one could need different cals for each mic, but my mic array has mics similar enough to use a single cal file for all of them.

I'll do math now then. Or maybe remeasure.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If all inputs used the same cal fie you could import the old and new cal files as frequency responses then divide the new cal file by the old and multiply any averages you want to update by the result. Providing a change cal button would mean retaining the cal files and individual responses for each input in the average and providing a means to change each of the cal files for each input, which would be a lot of effort for a fairly rare use case.

DeepSOIC

Registered
More  
Main Amp
diy
Front Speakers
diy
okay, but you can mark the average as no-cal if all the sources are no-cal, so that i can load a cal file after the fact... this is my workflow anyway, as i'm already having trouble to keep track of inputs and labeling while measuring, and i don't want to add another "do not forget" item... Also, i don't see why one would ever want to substitute an existing cal, unless it was an error.

Another question is, why is "dayton mic" measurement missing the change-cal button... maybe because i did a multi-input mode on just one input?... It is also missing phase data, probably for the same reason. I've attached the file, if you want to check it out.

Anyway, thank you very much for your replies, i can process my data manually.

Attachments

• my mics vs dayton.mdat
    281.8 KB · Views: 8

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The Dayton mic measurement was made with 2 channels selected, L and R. Both channels have the same data, so the result of the average is the same as a single channel measurement.

DeepSOIC

Registered
More  
Main Amp
diy
Front Speakers
diy
same data?... hmm, that raises some questions with my setup, it should in theory only be in the left channel. I'll check later.

Top Bottom