CES 2019: The Latest News on MQA’s Growth, Including TIDAL Masters on All Android Devices
MQA is also reporting that Nugs.net (a destination for live music from the likes of Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen, and other big acts) now supports streaming and downloads in MQA quality on both Android and iOS devices. While Astell&Kern is now supporting MQA playback on its SP1000M, SE100, and SR15 portable players.
In other MQA news, chip maker ESS has launched an all-new USB Audio DAC chip called the ES9281 PRO along with a series of USB Low-Power Audiophile DAC chips. These chips feature integrated MQA rendering that allows manufacturers to easily integrate MQA audio into their gear. Speaking of manufacturers, the following new MQA capable products are launching this year:
- Technics’ SL-G700 Network/Super Audio CD Player (MQA-CD)
- NAD Electronics’ M10 Hybrid Streaming Amplifier
- Onkyo’s TX-8250, TX-8260, and TX-8270 Network Stereo Receivers; the NS-6130 and NS-6170 Network Audio Players; the R-N855 Network Stereo Receiver; and the CR-N775D Network CD receiver
- Pioneer’s SX-N30AE stereo receiver and the N-30AE network audio player
- Sony’s Walkman NW-WM1Z portable player
MQA is also venturing into in-car audio, with a world’s first auto demo at CES 2019 with electric car manufacturer Karma Revero.