Can't load mic cal file since recent updates

nc535

Registered
I only just noticed this (blush) but probably since the separate cal files tab was added I haven't been able to load a mic cal file for my sound card, a Komplete Audio 6. On the first screen shot you can see I've configured the default input of the 1,2 input pair. On the second screen shot you see that that input isn't even recognized as an option. Instead we see LINe IN (Master Volume), which is the alternative to the default. So even though I've put the path to my cal file in the L block, its not used because is associated with the line in instead of the default mic input. Thanks in advance for your help.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The mic cal files are associated with a specific input, not "default" as default can vary depending on settings outside REW. What input selection options are available with the Input 1/2 (Komplete Audio 6) device? Can you attach the soundcard debug file?

nc535

Registered
Thanks for quick response. Just learned what a sound card debug file is and attached it. In this case, I have two choices for input (below input device selection on the soundcard tab). First choice is "default" (really:)) Second choice is "LINE IN (Master Volume). I caught it in this screenshot:
1565128125993.png

Attachments

• soundcard_debug.txt
    31.3 KB · Views: 1

John Mulcahy

REW Author
And selecting Line in doesn't access the signal from the EMM-6, which is presumably connected to input 1?

nc535

Registered
That is a very good question and one it never occurred to me to ask myself since I've been using it on default for several years but apparently, I get the mic input 1 regardless of whether I select default or Line IN.
Sorry to have bothered you

Top Bottom