Can't increase input volume more than -60dbfs on my Universal Audio Apollo

Arlanda

Registered
Hi,
I'm trying to calibrate my sound card and make a cal file but I can't increase input volume to match 12-db default output. I made a loopback on channel 3, turn up channel 3 input volume to 65 db in my Apollo console but all I get is -60 dbfs.
Do you know what I'm doing wrong ? (I'm totally new in audio engeneering measurement) Thank you !
Capture d’écran 2019-12-29 à 19.43.10.png

EarlK

Most likely the problem is in your softpatch routing ( or lack of ) within the Apollo Console ( the UAD software that should be residing on your computer ).

universal-audio-uad-software-9-256657.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Arlanda

Registered
Well don't know where it comes from ... I put 65 db gain on channel 3 (I get a big shhh) .
Capture d’écran 2019-12-29 à 22.45.52.png
Capture d’écran 2019-12-29 à 22.48.13.png

EarlK

It appears that there's no signal getting into your 3rd input ( from your screenshot of the Console ).

I'm confident that you're missing something in your overall soft-patching.

Have you opened ( within REW's Preferences window ) the daughter window that appears when you click on the button called "Set Output Channel Mapping" ?
- You may not have soft-patched REWs signal into output C of the Appollo .

Arlanda

Registered
There was no signal coming from REW when I took the console capture because I stopped “check levels” option. Look at my REW preference window in my first post, I set output to C. Don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

EarlK

Can you show me a screen-capture ( within REW ) of what REW's Output Channel-Mapping is set to ? ( relating to my 3rd + 4th lines within my last post )

Last edited:

Arlanda

Registered
Can you show me a screen-capture ( within REW ) of what REW's Output Channel-Mapping is set to ? ( relating to my 3rd + 4th lines within my last post )

Thanks for trying to help !!

EarlK

Thanks for the pic Arlanda! That picture shows that REW's channel mapping is proper & in order.

Maybe the problem isn't in the realm of soft-patching // maybe it's a hard-patch problem.

Is it possible the patch cable you ran from output 3 to input 3 ( on your Apollo ) is defective ?

Top Bottom