Can't Get it To Recognize UMIK

FirstShirt

Registered
O.K. Trying to upgrade my HT and now have dual Rythmik FV18s. I plug my laptop into my Anthem MRX 1120 - they see each other fine. I plug the miniDSP 2x4HD into my laptop - once again no problem. I plug my UMIK in the laptop via USB and it doesn't seem to see it. I've looked in Audio Device Manager (Windows 8) and it shows the miniDSP and my laptop mic, but not the UMIK. REW shows my laptop mic and a line in for miniDSP 2x4 but no UMIK. How can I bring up my UMIK??? Sorry for the dumb question. I'm really not computer literate. Thanks in advance.

PS - when I plug my Anthem ARC mic into a USB it immediately shows up under "Sound - Recordings" But when I unplug and plug in the UMIK it does not.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If Windows isn't showing your UMIK make sure the connector is firmly inserted in the back of the mic, it needs a good push.

FirstShirt

Registered
Tried disconnecting and reconnecting to all of my usb inputs - Windows 8 not seeing the UMIK. Plugged it into my desktop upstairs (Windows 10) and it recognized the UMIK right away. Is this something with Windows 8???

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Perhaps Windows 8 lacks the USB driver used by Windows 10 to recognise devices like the UMIK?

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
In Windows, Control Panel, Right-Click Device and 'run as administrator'.

Expand 'universal serial bus controllers' and right-click each one, and select 'update driver'. Not all devices may have 'update'.

I don't know if this will help... :|

Top Bottom