Can't get input levels from presonus audiobox22vsl

PatrikRL

Registered
I downloaded REW and have tried to make an measurement. I went into preferences and tried to set up the output and input. The output works fine but the input levels are zero. I have tried every setting here. I use presonus audiobox22vsl connected to a phantom powered mic.

The imac built-in mic works fine. I get levels from that but nothing from my condenser mic.
My condenser works perfectly fine in logic and other apps.

Doing something wrong?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Which REW version are you running and which macOS version? If the audiobox shows up in Audio Midi setup it should be accessible to REW.

PatrikRL

Registered
Hello again. I solved the problem.

When starting REW and going into preferences it sets the mic input so low its nearly hearable. Which makes it not possible to record in any other software either cause u get almost none in input.

At first, I thought it was a bug and the quick solution to make my mic work again into logic or other software was to reboot the sound card so levels turned into normal.

The solution to make the mic work in REW and in other softwares was to higher the control output mixer/ volume into the highest setting. Then everything worked as normal.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Really output mixer volume or input mixer volume? You can also uncheck the boxes that allow REW to alter volume levels.

PatrikRL

Registered
Sorry, input mixer was set to the highest value :)
Okay I see! Very nice software.

Top Bottom