Video Display Device
Samsung 65"
Remote Control
Harmony 700
Streaming Equipment
Nvidia Shield
Streaming Subscriptions
Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Disney, Amazon HD Music
I have an older Toshiba Laptop running Windows 10 that can connect to my Denon AVR-4700 with no problem and use the ASIO drivers with REW. Howerver, with my new Dell XPS 17 laptop, I can't get the ASIO drivers to work. I don't get any error message, I can selet the ASIO drivers and it shows all 8 speakers in the output drop down, but I can't get sound out of any speaker. After I try the ASIO drivers, if I then switch back to the JAVA drivers, then I can no longer get any sound out of them either. If I reboot the laptop, the JAVA drivers will work again, but again if I try the ASIO drivers, the JAVA drivers stop working. In fact, after trying the ASIO drivers, I can't get any sounds out of the AVR and have to reboot the laptop.

I have unstialled the Maxx Audio program that came pre-installed on the Dell laptop, but that did not help. I have unstalled and reinstalled both the ASIO4All drivers and REW, both using the latest versions, but still does not work. On my older laptop, the HDMI connection shows up as Nvidia display Audio. However, on this new Dell, it actually has two video cards, an Intel display driver that is built into the motherboard/CPU and a Nvidia Graphics card. The laptop apparently uses the Intel display adapter as the default to save energy and only uses the Nvidia Graphics card as need for things like Photoshop. In the device manager and in the ASIO Control panel, it shows an HD Audio Driver for Display Audio, which is an Intel driver, and does NOT use the Nvidia driver like my older Toshiba laptop. It does give you the ability to manuall tell it which programs should use the Intel display driver and which should use the Nvidia. I told it to use the Intel display driver for REW since it is using their Audio drivers, but that did not work either.

Has anyone else been able to get the ASIO drivers to work on a newer Dell XPS laptop running Windows 11? Any ideas of why I can't these ASIO drivers to work?

Thanks.

WillyLax

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR-4700
Main Amp
McIntosh MC275
Additional Amp
Adcom GFA7000
Computer Audio
Dell XPS 17 9720 Laptop
Front Speakers
DIY
Center Channel Speaker
DIY
Surround Speakers
DIY
Surround Back Speakers
DIY
Front Height Speakers
DIY
Rear Height Speakers
DIY
Subwoofers
DIY 10" Ported (2)
Video Display Device
Samsung 65"
Remote Control
Harmony 700
Streaming Equipment
Nvidia Shield
Streaming Subscriptions
Netflix, Amazon, HBO, Disney, Amazon HD Music
Thank you! That worked.

Also thank you for REW. During covid I got into speaker design and building and your program has been invaluable. It has also allowed me to setup my two subs to play perfectly with my main two speakers. I recently had a few other local audio nerds listen to them and they were all amazed at how well intergrated my subs were and how "natural" they sounded.

Top Bottom