REW Beta Release Can I Create a "Offline" Test file for Multi Channel?

rkruz

Registered
Ive discovered my receiver (Denon AVR-X-4500H) does not have a analog input that would allow me to use REW as a audio input to selectively test 7.1 speakers (it has pre only for stereo).
The HDMI multi channel approach, using ASIO4ALL v2 wont work for me as my laptop sound card only has stereo.

But the "Offline" .wav file approach might work........
I'd like to create a .wav file originated from REW for "Offline" measurements that I can play from a USB port for 7.1 .
But REW only creates this "offline" file for the left and right channel only.
Am I missing something in REW or is there other software that would manipulate a offline .wav to create a multi channel version of the REW Offline file? By that I mean repeating the same offline file that can be played for each 7.1 channel?

Any tips appreciated. Thanks!.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Audacity can create multichannel wav files using the custom mix option, but whether they are played back with routing to the expected channel depends on the device playing them.

rkruz

Registered
ok thanks! I'll play with that and see if I can get it work with a REW sweep file. If I can create a file with a duplicate sweep file in all 7 channels, I could simply only connect the speaker I want to measure and disconnect all others..

rkruz

Registered
I was able to get multi channel working with the ASIO driver you originally suggested. The key was I need to plug in HDMI to the receiver in order to see multi channel and now I can see them in REW. Thanks for the help. This should get me on my way!

Top Bottom