Can’t see first timing reference chirp

sm1ggsy

Registered
Hi, can anyone help me , I can’t see the first chirp of timing reference in the impulse response graph , I’m trying to get the proper distance to my speakers I have turned timing reference up to +12 and zooming in on the graph still nothing I’ve also tried java and Asio , thank you very much

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I can’t see the first chirp of timing reference in the impulse response graph
That's because it isn't there to see, the impulse response does not contain the timing reference. The t=0 position of the impulse response is where the timing reference was detected.

sm1ggsy

Registered
That's because it isn't there to see, the impulse response does not contain the timing reference. The t=0 position of the impulse response is where the timing reference was detected.
Thank you, I was following a walkthrough video and he measured from the chirp in the overlay impulse to the 0 position to get the speaker distance I must be doing something wrong , thanks again

sm1ggsy

Registered
That part of the video is a mistake, unfortunately.
Oh right thankyou , so is the best way to get the first distance from centre speaker to M.LP to use a tape measure then align the rest to or as close as possible to centre, thanks, added pic

Last edited:
Top Bottom