Calibration files From different mics

steliosdrk

Registered
Hey guys.
Have a question about mics in rew.
I.have a beyer mm1.
I want to load a calibration file.
when I go at preferences/cal files
at the right side "mic call files" appears a "default device " my soundcards "input" and the soundcards "output".
do I have to browse somewhere my mic first?do I load the calibration files in one of the three devices?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The mic calibration file goes on the entry for the input it is connected to. Easiest is probably to select the soundcard and input you are using then enter the cal file using the dialog that appears when pressing the Cal files button on the Measure dialog which is used to make a measurement.

steliosdrk

Registered
The mic calibration file goes on the entry for the input it is connected to. Easiest is probably to select the soundcard and input you are using then enter the cal file using the dialog that appears when pressing the Cal files button on the Measure dialog which is used to make a measurement.
Thanks John for your reply but it's still a bit confusing to me.
the senction 'Mic cal'offers 3 choices.
The one named 'default device" I assume is the sound engine of my laptop.
The other 2 options are my focusrite but there is no indication of input or output so Iam not sure in which of the 2 I have to browse my cal file

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That's why I suggested using the button on the Measure dialog, it removes the ambiguity.

The Mic cal files list only shows device inputs. The default device is the default offered by the OS, that can change depending on what has been set as default in the OS. Physical devices unfortunately appear twice, one entry with just the device name and a second with the device name and and input name. Originally only the second version appeared in the list, corresponding to a selection of a device and an input, but there were some users whose interfaces did not work correctly unless the input choice was left as "Default input", which is what produces the entry without an input. I may be able to change that in a future build to show "Default input" alongside the name to make it a little more clear.

steliosdrk

Registered
That's why I suggested using the button on the Measure dialog, it removes the ambiguity.

The Mic cal files list only shows device inputs. The default device is the default offered by the OS, that can change depending on what has been set as default in the OS. Physical devices unfortunately appear twice, one entry with just the device name and a second with the device name and and input name. Originally only the second version appeared in the list, corresponding to a selection of a device and an input, but there were some users whose interfaces did not work correctly unless the input choice was left as "Default input", which is what produces the entry without an input. I may be able to change that in a future build to show "Default input" alongside the name to make it a little more clear.
Thank You John.
I appreciate it.

Top Bottom