[Bug?] Legend only updates when "Add offset to data" is clicked

3ll3d00d

to reproduce

open the SPL view
use the SPL offset option to add/remove some dB
legend does not update to show the visible magnitude
click "Add offset to data"
legend updates

for me, this is a bug as the legend describes the graph so it should agree with the displayed data not the stored data

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That is how it is intended to operate. Traces may be shifted using the offset to better compare them visually without changing the underlying data. If the data is to change, the button to add the offset is used.

3ll3d00d

OK, like i say it's a bit surprising behaviour to see a legend not match the chart but this is why I said bug? as I thought it might be by design

taking a step back, what I was trying to do was quickly normalise some set of curves to the same magnitude at a certain frequency and eyeballing that manually via the legend seemed the easy way to go without fiddling with the chart limits to zoom in or clicking twice each time (once to shift the curve then add to offset to update the legend). Any quick way to do that atm?

an alternative way to do that easily is to allow picking a particular measurement as the reference and then displaying all other curves as a delta to that (then it's just a Q of adjusting vs the zero line)

Top Bottom