Bias lighting for large screen front projection - anyone tried this?

bom13

As a follow up to Todd’s recent review “The Best Bang-For-Your-Buck TV Enhancement? Scenic Labs LX1 Bias Lighting Kit” here on AVnirvana, i became interested in determining if it would enhance my viewing experience with a recent upgrade I completed in my HT. I just installed an Epson LS500 short throw laser projector along w/Epson’s companion 120 inch ALR screen. My question is in regards to the impact they may or may not have with a large 120” ALR screen. Also the Epson laser model I purchased is one of the brightest in its class…as it throws a 4000 lumen projection. Of course I’m not using all of that as in calibrated “bright cinema” mode it is outputting about 2500 lumens.
I am wondering if it would be worth the investment to install the LX1 as I’d probably need to purchase at least 3 of the 6 meter kits. Has anyone installed a bias lighting system on their large projection setup?

BTW, Todd hosted the creator of the LX1 and MediaLight, Jason Rosenfeld on a recent podcast. He was kind enough to ask Jason about this as I had originally shared this question with Todd in a follow up post to his LX1 review. Jason did not appear (IMO) to directly respond as it seemed he didn’t have any real experience with projected displays vs emissive (I.e. TV’s).
Have any of you out there tried this?

Top Bottom