Best method to measure large cinema with pre-recorded test tones.

kpmgeek

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer SC-81
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
PS3
Front Speakers
HTD Level 3
Screen
Kuro
Working on volunteering to help rehab a poorly setup system at a local 100-year-old single screen cinema. Finally have it so their Oppo is properly passing 6-channel analog sound to their old Ultrastereo instead of going through the Lt/Rt matrix, with a simple DB25 switchbox put in for switching between Oppo and their DCP media block's output. They have a bunch of fairly new Crown CDi amplifiers which have no DSP set yet, and the levels are clearly off to begin with since 4 on the Ultrastereo's fader is getting about 83db to pink noise from the fronts, and then about 73 from the surrounds and the sub is way too high. I'm fixing that, but my next question is about trying to figure out EQ and delay. I can't have my laptop both in the projection booth plugged in to the processor and also down in the theater with the microphone, what's the proper workflow for pre-generating test tones for all the 5.1 channels (that I'll stick into a DCP file and run from the media block), and what limitations are I looking at as far as figuring out proper EQ and delay times?

kpmgeek

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer SC-81
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
PS3
Front Speakers
HTD Level 3
Screen
Kuro
Top Bottom