Beginner and complete noob at audio

bbjoying

Registered
Hi,

I am starting with learning about eq and tuning and everything audio, till now I have just been a listener but now I have reached a point where I need to tune my car. I have a umik-2, rew and a minidsp cdsp, which also has DIrac live. From all the reading to get the best result I am planning to set the PEQ on my speakers before running it to DIRAC, makes my life complicated, but is this better?

I am running a 3way active spear in front a rear passive ad two sub.

I saw videos about having audio output from laptop to receivers, but I dont know how it works in car audio. I dont think from laptop the out can be given to HU. I have a helix dsp now which has a usb hec module. I am hoping it would work as input. But that means the audio source will be computer --> HEC USB in dsp. Will this change anything if i change it back later to the HU?

Do I do PEQ individual speakers or speaker groups? Do I do both tweeter together for eg or do I do R tweeter and then L Tweeter?

If I am doing individual speaker is the below values correct?

Though I will be using Helix now later I will change to minidsp. This is just to get the values; can I run this as below, instead of setting generic? So I have the values ready and I will set them into my minidsp once its installed. Till it comes I thought I will do this.

Also if I am doing it lets say for the tweeter do the below values look good? My tweeter is : Frequency Response (-3 dB): 1.8 kHz – 24 kHz.

And for midwoofer do the below values look good? My tweeter is : Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 50 Hz – 24 kHz.

Top Bottom