Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Paradigm UC 10, passive sub, Kef kc62
I wonder if I could get any guidance on balancing my subs with the rest of the system. Subs seem a bit underpowered after running Anthem Arc Genesis. In brief I have 3 subs time aligned then EQ's on a mini dsp. They are aligned for the MLP only and so far can only use the Java drivers. I used the REW time align feature where I could use a slider to see what happens with various delays or inverting a sub. I then confirmed the results with scans. I use the subs now as a single virtual sub for the Anthem 1140. Before ARC I had the subs too hot --red curve. ARC told me to turn them down by over 12 dB. I turned them down some in the mini dsp and in ARC software but beefed them up another 3 dB as seemed anemic for HT.

It might be a mistake but had ARC handle the subs down to 22 HZ. Some keep it higher so the minidsp handles all the EQ but the new ARC also would modify the virtual sub for other positions. Music sounded pretty good but despite my further increase in overall level the impact isn't quite right. I added some room gain and a smidge of deep bass boost in arc. The lower frequency system sweep of course includes some bass from other speakers. The new version of ARC is supposed to do a bang-up job integrating the subs and mains and saved me the effort of using REW for that--though enjoy using it when I get everything to work.
Very much appreciate any comments. This is my first HT adjustment rodeo and afraid of getting bucked off.

Usher99

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
I realize many not be familiar with Arc Genesis but just looking for general guidance. My smoothing choice may not be optimal and perhaps should attach the file.
From others experience do the subs look a bit too low? Thanks for any thoughts.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Sub looks a bit low for Home Theater, where more of a low end boost is often preferred. Probably good for music though.

Usher99

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Thanks very much for looking. I suspected as much. I’ll beef up the subs. I’ll try 4 dB to start. I’ll use this profile for music. Perhaps I should have limited Anthem room Correction from messing with any frequencies below 65 or so and let my mini dsp do the work.

Top Bottom