Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Paradigm UC 10, passive sub, Kef kc62
Had enjoyed using REW with minidsp to align eq my subs and have a new sub and need to repeat but can't even get to first base.
The Anthem 1140 reports "no signal" when I plug in my laptop. I had used the same new cable with the same laptop on my NAD T757 with no such issue until
I just got my new AVR an Anthem 1140. The Asio drivers on the old AVR wouldn't work but at least there is a work around. My Lenovo laptop chimes when I hook it up so it sees something.
I plugged it into HDMI 3 in the AVR and set it up for HDMI audio/video. I had sent HDMI audio bypass option to on to use the TV speakers in the past but turned that off.
I hope there is an easy fix or up the proverbial creek. Appreciate any suggestions.

Last edited:

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Other Speakers or Equipment
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape | FireCube | Lenova X1 - Intel NUC for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand
I'm not sure ASIO has anything to do with the AVR, as within the AVR, it is for the computer and REW to see the various channels on your computer... at least that is how I understand it, which admittedly could be wrong.

Make sure your soundcard in your computer is configured properly would be the first step.

Make sure the HDMI input you are using is selected on the AVR... and that it is setup properly within the Input Menu of the AVR. Initially, some of the inputs may have to be turned on or designated in some fashion.

In most cases it will be the computer not recognizing the AVR, rather than the AVR not recognizing the computer.

Restart your computer too... sometimes that works.

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Thank you so much for thinking about this and commenting. I haven't touched the laptop config since I used it to control my former NAD T757. I have the proper HDMI input selected and told the AVR to expect HDMI audio and video. It is puzzling. Perhaps I'll try another HDMI input for a hail Mary pass.

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Curiously out of desperation hit F7 and knew I had screen to duplicate as before (which worked with NAD T757) and changed to external screen only and low and behold the TV had my screen through the AVR though the Anthem still reported "no signal." I launched REW and the 1140 appeared as an output device. Partial victory. The flex ASIO drivers if chosen caused the program to freeze, drat. I used the java drivers but no sound on a trial sweep. I had assumed this part of the configuration work would be not much more than plugging in a toaster, sigh. I could live with no video transfer but not audio.

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Main Amp
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Can you screen shot your soundcard preferences in REW?

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Hi,

I did not plug in the UMIC1 so all are not correct but here is what I have.
Thank you so much for thinking about this.
Mike

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Main Amp
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Assuming you have installed FlexASIO on your computer/laptop... you should be able to select ASIO where you see Java under the Drivers dropdown menu. Then you will be able to choose FlexASIO under the Output Device dropdown menu. Once that is chosen you will see the ASIO Control Panel button... click on it and the Control Panel window will popup. Select your UMIK-1 as the Input Device and your AVR should be available to select as the Output Device.

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Thank you so much for those specific instructions. I could not get the Asio4All drivers going a few months back when I started this journey. FlexAsio is installed. I would be happy with even java drivers working for scans and ecstatic if the Flexasio work to save time. Upon reflection I had to update my Nvdia driver to make my Topaz photo apps work with the GPU and perhaps that buggered up the duplicate display setting--video did transfer to the TV from AVR until I hit external display and not duplicate but no audio in a levels check in REW.
I had thoroughly enjoyed time aligning my two subs and Eq with the minidsp and now have a third to even out the response more at more positions than the MLP with MSO but fear I jumped into tumultuous deep water. I couldn't even hook up my new AVR to my laptop. Appreciate your time/advice again!!

one4

More  
Yamaha CX-A5200
Main Amp
Monoprice Monolith 7X
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Sony (Universal)
Front Speakers
Magnepan MG12
Center Channel Speaker
Magnepan CC5
Surround Speakers
Magnepan MC1
Surround Back Speakers
Martin Logan Motion2
Front Height Speakers
Polk RT90 & Acoustic Research AR4C (parallel)
Rear Height Speakers
Polk RT90
Subwoofers
SVS SB3000 (Dual)
Furman SPR-20i; AC Infinity controller and fans
Video Display Device
Samsung 4k UHD 65"
Streaming Equipment
HP mini-destop PC
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz
I've had the "no signal", as well as regularly "Not HDCP 2.2 Compliant" error. Yamaha CX-A5200, HP miniDesktop PC (integrated audio and graphics; no separate cards). The issue with my setup seems to be that the PC only has DisplayPort outs; no HDMI. So, I use a DP to HDMI adapter. I tried three different adapters until I found one that worked effectively and fairly consistently. I still get the HDCP non-compliant error often, and when I do I remotely switch inputs back and forth on the A5200 until the error goes away. And, sometimes, rarely but sometimes, my Yamaha will automatically switch back to it's previous input source, as if instead of displaying a "no signal" error it decides just to return to what it was doing before. I've no idea if my issues are wholly related to the DP to HDMI thing; perhaps if I had straight HDMI there would still be problems? Anyway, check your cables and connections first. Same HDMI cable, try directly to the display/TV. Same HDMI cable, try a different PC/laptop. Try a different cable. Try a different input port on your AVR.

Windows also does funky things on my PC with each automatic update. After an update, Windows may see my sound output device as "Samsung TV", or "Yamaha", or "CX-A5200." I never know unless I go look. (Something is 'smart' enough to sometimes recognize my Yamaha as a CX-A5200, as I've never told Windows the model number, but most of time, not.) Too, often an update will change my sound settings (in Windows Setup). Enhancements, which I have disabled, are now enabled. Max volume, which I have at 85%, is now at 100%. And format has been changed from 'Studio Quality' to 'DVD Quality'. It seems a constant battle to keep things working like I expect using a PC as a source for my sound system.

Good luck!

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Main Amp
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Laptops can vary on this... I have one that gets it right every time... another that will sometimes get it right... and yet another that I literally quit using because I had to wrestle with it every time I went to use it. :rolleyesno:

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
I've had the "no signal", as well as regularly "Not HDCP 2.2 Compliant" error. Yamaha CX-A5200, HP miniDesktop PC (integrated audio and graphics; no separate cards). The issue with my setup seems to be that the PC only has DisplayPort outs; no HDMI. So, I use a DP to HDMI adapter. I tried three different adapters until I found one that worked effectively and fairly consistently. I still get the HDCP non-compliant error often, and when I do I remotely switch inputs back and forth on the A5200 until the error goes away. And, sometimes, rarely but sometimes, my Yamaha will automatically switch back to it's previous input source, as if instead of displaying a "no signal" error it decides just to return to what it was doing before. I've no idea if my issues are wholly related to the DP to HDMI thing; perhaps if I had straight HDMI there would still be problems? Anyway, check your cables and connections first. Same HDMI cable, try directly to the display/TV. Same HDMI cable, try a different PC/laptop. Try a different cable. Try a different input port on your AVR.

Windows also does funky things on my PC with each automatic update. After an update, Windows may see my sound output device as "Samsung TV", or "Yamaha", or "CX-A5200." I never know unless I go look. (Something is 'smart' enough to sometimes recognize my Yamaha as a CX-A5200, as I've never told Windows the model number, but most of time, not.) Too, often an update will change my sound settings (in Windows Setup). Enhancements, which I have disabled, are now enabled. Max volume, which I have at 85%, is now at 100%. And format has been changed from 'Studio Quality' to 'DVD Quality'. It seems a constant battle to keep things working like I expect using a PC as a source for my sound system.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for commenting. I guess I was spoiled with my last avr just working when I plugged it in. The cable is the same. I can try my older laptop but that has DP and not hdmi. I will need to try everything to get it working. Up the creek w/o being able to use REW. It is a 25 ft hdmi cable but worked fine with last avr.

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
Which adapter worked for you if I can ask --just in case??

Curiously the video transferred to the TV via the AVR when I hit F7 on my Lenovo. The displays are supposed to be duplicate. No audio though and AVR displayed "no signal". I moved the cable to HDMI 5 on the anthem and reset the inputs. In the process my one sub quit working traced to a connection plug and one atmos quit--another connection issue. All fixed now but ran out of time this weekend. If no go, will try shorter cable, then DP to HDMI adapter on my ooold Lenovo w510.

Usher99

More  
Anthem 1140
Additional Amp
NAD 3140
Oppo 103
Front Speakers
DQ10
Center Channel Speaker
Paradigm
Subwoofers
After Lenovo Vantage BIOS update I can at least get the Java drivers working. Flexasio just seems to freeze REW. I have to switch the monitor to the secondary monitor only which was not the case with the NAD T757. Very odd. At least I can use REW. Phew.

Top Bottom