Audiolense measuring multi channel with J-river

koldby

Hi Forum.
I have a problem that Bernt initially could not solve , maybe because I failed to explain , what I want to do correctly. So:
I have a linearray (sort of IDS25 copy) that I meassure with Audiolense and correct in the convolver in J river.
My preferred DAC is a khadas tone board. No problems here.
Now I want to add a subwoofer.
I prefer to measure with the same chain that I use to listen to.
I have a mini DSP usb streamer for multi channel USB to I2S conversion, but the Khadas Tone Board only have spdif input. The USB streamer has 1 Thoslink output, but it is tied to channel 9 and 10.
No problem in that, as I can make a channel swap inside J-River that puts L and R in channel 9 and 10, and this works like a dream.
Then I have a BB PCM5102a DAC that I can connect to channel 3 and 4 as this accepts I2S input.

Here comes the problems:
I am using the WDM driver in J-River (set to 5.1 channels in Windows) as soundcard so audiolense plays through J-River when it measures (also because I have som pre-eq settings, so the convolver is relieved from some of the work).
I have done this in 2 channels without problems.
Now when audiolense is used in 2.1 mode I have two options to play through J-River: J-River Media center 27(ASIO) or J-River media center 25 JRiver media center WASABI). Windows is designating the soundcard as JRiver Media Center 25 although it is MC 27 that is installed and MC25 has been removed by CCleaner.
If I choose asio I get an error code: "paDeviceUnavailable" and if I choose wasabi an error: "The channel setup is not supported by the soundcard. Maybe too many channels?"

My first priority is to try to resolve this problem.
If that is not possible, for some strange reason, I probably could let Audiolens use USB Streamer directly and let JRiver out of the chain. I would have to set Audiolense to measure channel 9 and 10 (in audiolense terms it would probably be 8 and 9 as audiolense starts with channel 0!), but I need to change that back to L and R before the filter is made so JRiver,s convolver sets the convolution to the correct channels.

Another solution would be to get a multichannel USB to SPdif interface and use two Khadas Tone boards as DAC´s.

Any help or comments are much appreciated.

Koldby

koldby

I think I solved it myself.
Using direct sound (only for measuring) everything worked , with only occational hickups. Especially if I make long sweeps, some strange clicks occures and the signal jumps between the speakers (?)

G29

Koldby,

There is a Windoze quirk that causes the newer version of the JRMC's WMD to show up as an older version of the JRMC WMD. I have seen that on my own machine and there are some posts concerning it on JRMC's user forum. Even though the v27 WMD is installed, Windoze still displays v25.

Top Bottom