(any advice?) Tv mounting question

James Wilson

Registered
So I'm having the TCL 75R635 TV delivered Friday and I bought these Echogear universal TV stand legs for TV's up to 77 inches. I have the Echogear Universal TV stand legs already, they are super quality I must say. I was quite surprised when i opened the box. Anyway the Vesa pattern on the TCL is 400mm to 300mm which is listed at compatible. The TCL is only 79 pounds which is within the specs. The problem I think I'm having is the TCL Vesa screw size is M6 X 20 which is not in the box of the Echogear. I have a bunch of other options they gave me for screw size but not this specific one. Maybe I'm missing something that you guys can point out. I'm gonna leave links to both the TV and Echogear Universal legs. Thanks again for any help.

jwmorris

Registered
Hi, the packet of screws that comes with TV mounts is meant to be universal. It’s not always universal. You just go and buy an appropriate size screw. Have a larger than the TV, flat surface covered with several moving blankets to lay the TV down while installing the legs. You don’t want to put any pressure on the screen. If a surface that large is not available, keep the TV vertical, rotate the TV so the legs stick up. While someone holds the TV steady, install the legs. Rotate again, set in place. It’s not difficult. Just be very careful of putting pressure on the screen.

jwmorris

Registered
When you unbox the TV the bottom portion of the box should be steady enough to hold it while you verify the screw size. Cut the nylon straps and pull the top of the box up and off. I hope that makes sense and helps. Good luck!

Top Bottom