After Measurement Completed No Plotting/Analysis Window Appears

solive

Registered
I reported this error back in November using a Qudelix5 k sound card when measuring headphones. The thread is here but ever got a reply.
I assumed it was related to the sound card but today I got the same error using a new RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE.

I am measuring headphones on a B&K 5128 HATS using the current REW V5.30.9 on a Mac Air M2 running Sonoma 14.1.2.

The issue is when I measure then using a log-sweep after the measurement is complete the plotting.analysis window never appears. There is no error message or feedback to indicate why. I clearly can hear the sweep in the headphones and I see input signal on the meter.

The only way I can get a measurement is using pink noise in RTA mode. Has anyone else had this issue, and know how to resolve it?

Thanks
Sean

solive

Registered
I reported this error back in November using a Qudelix5 k sound card when measuring headphones. The thread is here but ever got a reply.
I assumed it was related to the sound card but today I got the same error using a new RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE.

I am measuring headphones on a B&K 5128 HATS using the current REW V5.30.9 on a Mac Air M2 running Sonoma 14.1.2.

The issue is when I measure then using a log-sweep after the measurement is complete the plotting.analysis window never appears. There is no error message or feedback to indicate why. I clearly can hear the sweep in the headphones and I see input signal on the meter.

The only way I can get a measurement is using pink noise in RTA mode. Has anyone else had this issue, and know how to resolve it?

Thanks
Sean
I believe I found the solution: Select the "Suppress Soundcard Errors" in the Preferences/View Menu. Now after the measurement is complete, it stores and plots the measurement data.
Not sure what the exact sound card error it is suppressing (could not find it in the diagnostic file) but the data looks feasible.

This would explain why the error seems to be sound card dependent...I never had this error using the older RME UCX sound card.

Top Bottom