More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1
Main Amp
Parasound A51
Computer Audio
Windows 11
Hello!

I am new to the REW world, although working on the A/V hobby for a long time. I have 3 subwoofers that I'm trying to properly integrate/EQ with my Lyngdorf processor. A forum member on the Lyngdorf forums has been very helpful guiding me through the REW process with my UMIK-1 microphone. I finally am at the point where everything seems to be working. Almost. Here are the instructions provided:

"Please measure each sub separately from 15-300Hz. For all the measurements, you need to set up a "use acoustic timing reference", preferably select your center channel (select reference output channel = Center) [note: that's channel 3 for me]. So that will be three separate sweeps, each starting with a "blipp" from the center channel. You can do all the measurements in one REW file. Just name the measurements LFE SUB, L SUB, R SUB:

• For the LFE SUB, use the LFE as output channel. [note: that's channel 4 for me]
  • For the L SUB, use output channel L but disconnect the left main speaker!
  • For the R SUB, use output channel R but disconnect the right main speaker!"
The problem is that with 'use acoustic timing reference' selected, I hear the 15-300Hz sweep, but afterwards the 'ready to measure bar is stuck at 9%. It never completes. When I select no timing reference there's no such problem.

Any thoughts? It's probably a simple solution but I'm stuck. Here's a screenshot of the screen I have configured.

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
The "Ref output:" should be the same as the "Output:".

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Your settings look right, using Centre (output 3) as the ref output. You should hear a short high frequency sweep from the Centre channel. You could try selecting L or R for the ref output to see if you hear the timing signal then, just as a debug step, but for the measurements you have been asked to make you won't be able to use L or R for the timing ref since they will be disconnected for one of the measurements.

Could you post a screen shot of the REW main window when you have the Measure dialog open? I'd like to see what sample format is shown at the bottom left of the REW window.

exm

Registered
More  
Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1
Main Amp
Parasound A51
Computer Audio
Windows 11
Thanks for replying. I'll provide this screenshot shortly. Appreciated.

exm

Registered
More  
Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1
Main Amp
Parasound A51
Computer Audio
Windows 11
Problem resolved, sort of on its own. Maybe a reboot did the trick? Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom